[McV #RRC-968575]: McIDAS-V inquiry #414 updated

Hi Rick,

> Can you let us know if there is a good reason for this - otherwise we may
> want to put it in our development queue.
>

> Level II Radar Data not saved in bundle.

Local Level II data should be able to be saved in the bundle. If not we'll fix
it.

As to remote data - there isn't any facilities on the server to return the
actual file we are referencing and we don't have the ability to write out a
file locally just from the opendap data.

For ADDE remote data for image and level 3 radar and point we just slurp over
the bytes we get on the request and save that. For remote gridded data there
are client side facilities for writing out the grid.

If you guys want to take a crack at a level II writer you should talk with Yuan.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: RRC-968575
Department: Support McV