20091022: Terra and Aqua Data Access from IDV

Hi Reymer,

re:
>I'm Reymer Vargas. Right now I'm working with Marcial like an assistant,
>I'm building and installing LDM, Gempak, McIDAS-X, and the next that I
>hope to install is IDV.

Very good.

>I'm learning a lot, so but I have a question,
>can we take access of the data from TERRA (EOS AM-1) and Aqua Project
>Science.
>
>If it's possible!, What we need to get access?

Yes.  NASA maintains a McIDAS ADDE server site that contains realtime
Terra and Aqua satellite imagery:

server name: NANUK.EOSDIS.NASA.GOV
ADDE group:  NANUK

You access this server in IDV as follows:

Dashboard -> Data Choosers -> Sat & Radar -> Images

Click on the Server: dropdown and select nanuk.eosdis.nasa.gov.  The
Dataset: dropdown should switch to show NANUK.

Click on the Connect button and then click on the Image Type: -- Select --
dropdown to select the type of imagery you want to view.  Then
choose the:

Data Type:
Channel:        (I suggest starting with thermal IR (~11 um)
Image Size:
Magnification:

Then click Add Source.

If your IDV session is already configured with the Create Display
checkbutton checked, the IDV will create the display.  If the Create
Display checkbutton is not checked, you will be looking at the Field
Selector tab of the Dashboard.  Click on Create Display there, and the
image will be loaded from the server.

If you have additional questions on how to use the IDV, please send
your inquiry to:  address@hidden.  This way, your
question will be automatically included in our inquiry tracking system
where one of several people will see it and respond.

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*