[IDV #NJV-816628]: my problem with GridUtil.sampletoReal method

Hi-

> Full Name: Nguyen Duc Ha
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.8a1 build date:2009-09-07 07:11 UTC
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07 version: 1.6.0_07
> j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Description of problem:
>
> Dear IDV supporter!
>
> I sent another email but I have not reviced email about "My Ticket
> has been received" as usual, I think there is a problem with my email
> so I'd like to send again.

Sorry, we've been slammed with support.

> My problem is that I am trying to get value from image and grid data
> sources by using this method:
>
> sampleToReal(FieldImpl grid, EarthLocation el, Real animationValueint,
> samplingMode)
>
> With image sources, it works well. However with Grid data sources, I
> always get "missing " value. So I want to know if  there are any
> differences when using this method for image and grid data sources.

I made a change that fixed another problem in this method, so first try the
nightly build to see if that fixes your problem.

If not, what are you passing in for the el and the animation value?  Do they
match your dataset?  The animation value needs to be one of the times in the
data.  You could print out the result of GridUtil.getTimeSet(grid) and
animation value and make sure that animationValue is in the time set.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: NJV-816628
Department: Support IDV