[IDV #DDH-181397]: Errors when starting IDV

Hi,

> Description of problem: I'm getting the following error message whenever
> start IDV.
> It happened with IDV 2.7u1 and repeats after I installed 2.8a1.
> After I say OK, IDV starts normaly and runs without a problem.
>
> Error invoking method:
> ucar.unidata.idv.ui.SideLegend.setContents(javax.swing.JPanel)
> Unable to find method: ucar.unidata.idv.ui.SideLegend.setContents

A bug was introduced in a development version this fall that was fixed. You
must have a default bundle that was created by the buggy version.

Once the IDV is running go to the File->Default Bundle menu and remove the
default bundle. Or, delete the file:
<user home>/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv/default.xidv

-Jeff

Ticket ID: DDH-181397
Department: Support IDV