[IDV #PHW-281970]: Error

Hi Duncan-

> Full Name: Duncan Axisa
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.7u2\jre version: 1.6.0_13
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I am getting the attached error when I run IDV. I
> tried uninstalling and installing but the error always comes up that prevents
> IDV from loading products.

Two possible issues:

- you've got the memory set to 1600m.  Unless you are running the 64 bit
version, you are limited to 1.5Gb in theory, but in reality it depends on the
system configuration.
As a first step, try setting it to 1000m and see if you can get it running.  If
that works, you can try incrementing it up, but I wouldn't go beyond 1.2Gb.

- if it still doesn't run, make sure you have the latest graphics card driver.
Sometimes that's an issue as well, even on brand new machines.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: PHW-281970
Department: Support IDV