[IDV #WZL-307950]: GFS global issue

Hi Walt,

> I know you have put a fix for spurious lines; I downloaded it and tried
> to use that to fix  a problem I had been trying to figure out but it
> didn't work. Whenever I load the GFS global data (US centered data has
> no problems whatsoever)  I get lines running across the globe especially
> the CONUS views; I first thought that this was a fast rendering problem
> but turning fast rendering off doesn't do anything. I then noticed today
> that when I change the projection to the GFS grid projection the issue
> is resolved. It would be nice if this could be fixed so that we could
> use the GFS global views with custom projections.

You can get weird map lines in some projections when fast rendering is turned
on.
I don't have any problems in displaying maps in a GFS global projection. Try
viewing the attached bundles and see if you are having problems or send us a
bundle that demonstrates the problem.

Maybe this is still an issue with the graphics card.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: WZL-307950
Department: Support IDV