[IDV #WEE-128147]: specific image, from an specific latitude and longitude, and with an time and date specific

Hi Reymer-

> The aqua and terra satellites, have a fixed position based on the time,
> e.g: 2010-01-01 17:30 GMT have a latitude 31.8 and a longitude 100.6, so
> how do I know when the satellite is over my position?. Because if I try
> to see an image that is out of the range, in and specific moment I have
> the next Error opening URL for
> AreaFile:edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException:
> requested Earth location is not contained in the image

There is no way to tell that unless you know when the satellite is overhead.
You can click on a given image time and it will show the centerpoint of the
image in the chooser.

Don Murray

> Unidata IDV Support escribió:
> > Hello-
> >

> >> I can see the most recent image of an aqua and terra satellites, using
> >> IDV with the next steps:
> >>
> >> Dashboard -> Data Choosers -> Sat & Radar -> Images
> >> server: nanuk.eosdis.nasa.gov
> >>
> >> Dataset: NANUK
> >>
> >> e.g: chosing the channel thermal IR (~11 um)
> >>
> >> so how I can see an specific image, from an specific latitude and
> >> longitude, and with an time and date specific? and how I can export it
> >> with the terminal?
> >>

> > If you select the Absolute tab in the Times area, you will get a listing of
> > the image times.  (It seems like the server is slow to return the list of
> > available times).  Select the time(s) you want and in the Location section
> > of the chooser, put in
> > the coordinates you want as DD:MM (ex: 9:56 84:05) or decimal degrees (ex:
> > 9.93 84.08).
> >

> >> e.g: San José / Costa Rica
> >>
> >> 9°56? N 84°5? W
> >>

> > You can select the size of the image you want from the other controls in
> > the chooser.
> >
> > Check the Create Display button and select Add Source.  That will retrieve
> > the data and display it.
> >
> > To capture the image, use the View->Capture->Image.. menu.
> >
> > Don Murray
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: WEE-128147
> > Department: Support IDV