[IDV #MKA-465082]: IDV Startup Error

Hi Jeff-

> It seems as though editing the batch file as you suggested worked.
> Thank you so much for your help!

The original error log indicates a problem with the video driver's OpenGL
library, so it's good that the Direct-X worked.  There might be some things
that don't work using Direct-X (like line thickness), but at least it's got you
going.

I'll close out this ticket.  If you have further problems, please start a new
subject/ticket.

Don Murray

> On Tue Jan 26 17:46 , 'Unidata IDV Support' <address@hidden> sent:
>

> Hi-
>
> > Sorry.  Im running 32bit windows xp.  I had previously had
> this problem with version 2.7 and eventually gave up after I couldn't get it
> working.  Today I just updated to version 2.8 and I'm having the same
> problem.  I'm also running the latest nVidia drivers downloaded from
> their website.
>
> What's the model of the graphics card. Is this a laptop or a desktop system?
>
> One thing to try is running in Direct-X mode. Open the file:
>
> C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8\runIDV.bat
>
> in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
>
> Comment out the first line (add REM at the start) and remove the REM from
> the last line.
>
> Then try it again to see if even that works.
>
> Don
> >

> > On Tue Jan 26 16:35 , 'Unidata IDV Support' <address@hidden> sent:
> >

> > Hi-
> >
> > I need a little more information before I can help you.
> >
> > > I just installed IDV 2.8 and immediately after starting up the
> program closes itself.  Attached is the error log it generated.
> >
> > What version of Windows are you running and is it 32- or 64-bit??
> >
> > Did previous versions of the IDV work on this system?
> >
> > Does it have the latest graphics driver installed? Even brand new
> systems come with old video drivers. If it is not the latest, update the
> driver and try again.
> >
> > Don Murray
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: MKA-465082