[Support #ZDT-182699]: PV in IDV

Hi Jim-

I've moved this to the support system.  Best to send questions to support-idv
instead of me directly so we can better track these issues.

Thanks for catching this. Did this ever work?  I've always done this as a
volume since IPV needs several levels. If you select 2 (or more) levels in the
levels panel, you'll be able to do the slice for a plan view.  However, the
list of levels in the control will not reflect the levels you selected, but the
entire list of levels.  We're working on a fix to this.

Don

> ERROR: Creating display: Contour Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> at visad.FlatField.derivative(FlatField.java:4044)
> at visad.FlatField.derivative(FlatField.java:4485)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.partial(DerivedGridFactory.java:2366)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.createIPV(DerivedGridFactory.java:1954)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.createIPV(DerivedGridFactory.java:1880)
> at
> at
>
> visad.VisADException: visad.VisADException: derivative: d_partial_s not
> in domain or reference
> ERROR: Creating display: Contour Plan View
> org.python.core.PyException
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> at visad.FlatField.derivative(FlatField.java:4044)
> at visad.FlatField.derivative(FlatField.java:4485)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.partial(DerivedGridFactory.java:2366)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.createIPV(DerivedGridFactory.java:1954)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.grid.DerivedGridFactory.createIPV(DerivedGridFactory.java:1880)
> at
> at
>
> visad.VisADException: visad.VisADException: derivative: d_partial_s not
> in domain or reference

Ticket ID: ZDT-182699
Department: Support IDV