[IDV #ZMQ-488883]: looking at changes to sea bed using IDV

Rich-

> We often initialize the sea floor with a certain thickness of sediment
> and then want to see how the bed changes with time.  To see this
> clearly it would be nice to create a formula that subtracts the
> initial value of the sediment thickness (at time step =1) from every
> other time step of sediment thickness, so that the initial change
> field would show all zeros, and then we would see the changes with
> time.
>
> Is this possible?

Anything's possible. ;-)  If you don't want to wait for Jeff, you could
try something in Jython like:

def diffFromStart(data):
    newData = data.clone()
    first = data[0]
    for t in range(data.length):
        newData[t] = data[t]-first
    return newData

I tried this on one grid and it worked. ;-) You may have to tweak it some. It
assumes that this is a time sequence.

> The bundle I'd like to do this with is at:
> http://coast-enviro.er.usgs.gov/models/share/bed_thick_coast2_2.xidv

Don

Ticket ID: ZMQ-488883
Department: Support IDV