[IDV #ANI-315803]: calculation of perturbations using SAVS-like function (GEMPAK)

Hey Cory-

Hope you are doing well.

So, it's only been a few months, but I finally implemented the SAVG
function in the IDV.  It's in today's nightly build.

> Ok...it's much much later today :-)...dumb question...what is the function
> SAVG?, I know of AVG(s1,s2) but never came across savg?

I'm not sure what the difference is between SAVG and SAVS.  The docs just say
that SAVS works on a subset.  In the IDV, you would just use SAVG and subset
the grid using the map subset in the properties.  I only implemented an savg
procedure for the formulas.

You should now be able to use the Grids->Create a grid diagnostic formula and
put in:

sub(u,savg(u))

and then choose the U component when prompted for a parameter (or whatever else
you want to do).

Don Murray

Ticket ID: ANI-315803
Department: Support IDV