[IDV #SZA-632369]: Problem with multiple monitors

Hi Walt-

> Every time I try and move my Map window to the secondary monitor on a
> Dell system, the loop stops or IDV closes itself. I have tried it on
> several different machines all Dells running XP (dual core and single
> core, with and without dedicated graphics cards) and have the same
> problem. I did notice that the computers without a dedicated graphics
> card closes the program; while the other machines running Fx5200 128mb
> will move the screen over, but it will not loop the map and all the map
> controls don't work. Do you have any idea why this might be and how to
> fix it?

Unfortunately, the IDV doesn't handle multiple monitors very well.  We all work
with single (really  big) monitors, so we haven't had to address it. ;-)

I'm not sure about the differences.  It's usually better to move the Dashboard
to a different window and leave the display on the original screen.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SZA-632369
Department: Support IDV