[IDV #LRM-330128]: problem seeing "view" and "projections"

Hi Katie,

> Hello. I'm using the latest version of the IDV on a Mac (just installed the
> latest nightly build) and am having a problem. I load a file and then go to
> click on either "view" or "projections" at the top of the visualization, but
> the drop-down menu go "behind" my visualization, not in front of, so I can't
> see what's there to click on. Any ideas on what is causing this?
>
> Also, when I go to change various colors/fonts/etc, the drop down menus in
> the gui don't "work" (ie, I have to click many times to get the GUI to
> change its value). Have you encountered this before?

I did encounter this on my Mac. Somehow the Java Look&Feel got set and that
messed up the menus. However, I fixed that a while ago so that the L&F
preference is not used when running on a Mac.

Can you try to move the <user home>/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv directory somewhere
and try running the IDV to see if you still have the problem. When done don't
forget to move the old DefaultIdv  directory back.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: LRM-330128
Department: Support IDV