[IDV #UZW-229152]: error on image file write

> Full Name: Dave Sills
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8u1\jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: doSaveImage
> Output has not been set!
>
> Was trying to save a complicated plot as an image file. After I hit the
> button to save, the program gave an error.

Dave,
      I am not sure what is wrong here, maybe you can provide some detail
information, such as: Do you have this problem every time you try to capture an
image? What exactly is the image file you are trying to write to? Does this
occur if you try to save to a file that does not exist? Does this occur if you
try to write to some other directory than C:

Yuan

> Stack trace:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Output has not been set!
> at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageWriter.write(Unknown Source)
> at ucar.unidata.ui.ImageUtils.writeImageToFile(ImageUtils.java:982)
> at ucar.unidata.ui.ImageUtils.writeImageToFile(ImageUtils.java:904)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.doSaveImage(ViewManager.java:5717)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.ViewManager.doSaveImage(ViewManager.java:5473)

Ticket ID: UZW-229152
Department: Support IDV