[IDV #XQU-640537]: Isosurface not displayed

> Full Name: Fernan Saiz
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/fernan/IDV_2.7u2/jre version: 1.6.0_13 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Dear Sir or Madam,
> I am currently working on how to obtain isosurfaces from a CSV file that
> contains the following information: date and time, longitude, latitude,
> altitude and concentration (see attached). I load the data into IDV and in
> order to display the isosurface I click on: "Field Selector", "Formulas" ,
> "Displays", "3D surface", "Isosurface". I select gridded point as the data I
> want to display in the isosurface. Unfortunately an error message is returned
> to screen:

Fernan,
      The IDV can only read in the CSV file as the point datatype, there is no
way to convert the point data to the grid datatype, so you can not do the iso
surface display. You did not include the Jython in your bundle, and I have no
idea what is your local function  testFunc1000 for. The Gridded Fields in the
Fields is for the Objective Analusis of point data, and all the altitude is
ignored, so you can not do any 3D grid dataset display.

Yuan
> Creating display: Isosurface
> org.python.core.PyException
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> NameError: testFunc1000
>
> I do not know if the file that I load has sufficient information to display
> isosurface in the domain. I would greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Fernan Saiz

> Stack trace:
> Traceback (innermost last):