[Support #ARV-969650]: IDV formulas

Jim-

Please send these to support-idv (and include the python error).  dmurray won't
work much longer. ;-)

> For the life of me I can't get IDV formulas to work.  I get a python
> error every time.  Here I'm just trying to average 3 variables.  Why
> won't this work?  If this isn't enough info, let me know.

I assume you are using slices at different levels and getting an error about
manifold dimension or some such thing.  The problem is that the resampling from
one level to another is going to fail.  Although we tout the compatibility of
Jython and VisAD, in reality if you are trying to do simple math functions
(+,-,/,*) on different types of grids, you are better off using the GEMPAK
syntax:

ADD(ADD(A,B),C)/3

I need to make functions like:

AVG(A,B,C,...)

These functions will remove the extra dimension which is causing you problems
with the simple +, etc functions.

I'll look into this more tomorrow.

Don

Ticket ID: ARV-969650