[IDV #GCI-726330]: Thanks man....

Hi Jim-

> Full Name: Jim Steenburgh
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9a1 build date:2010-04-30 20:54 UTC
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home version:
> 1.6.0_15 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Don:
>
> Sending along this bundle.  Thanks for all the help this week.  This gets me
> closer than I have been in a long time at integrating the RUC into the
> satellite imagery and observations.  To have something that allows me to
> toggle through imagery and be overlaying lots of analysis fields and
> mesoscale resolution is really great.
>
> Further, thanks to the aperture filter, I'm able to smooth out some of the
> diagnostic fields (e.g., absolute vorticity), which makes large-scale
> interpretation a bit easier.  I have done that in this bundle for a few
> fields.  It works WAY better than SM9S because you can specify a grid
> increment that makes sense physically.

Glad this helps.

> I'm hoping to incorporate radar imagery and surface data next.  That's where
> being able to specify a time increment for relative time, or having some sort
> of time matching to the satellite will help (e.g., the radar is 5 min, sat
> 15, surface obs vary).

It's on the TODO list. ;-)

> While I have your ear, one thing that would be good is to specify in the
> display info on the bottom whether or not the RUC is an analysis or forecast
> hour (and what forecast hour it is).  Right now, it only specifies the date
> and time.  Doing this for all grids might be helpful.  You could include the
> model name and forecast hour (e.g., RUC2 F000 for the analysis) right at the
> beginning of the line.

Right now, on the IDV side, we lose that information.  We only have one time
and that is the valid time. I agree it would be a good addition, but don't have
a good, quick solution.  I'll add it to the TODO list.

Don

Ticket ID: GCI-726330
Department: Support IDV