[IDV #DOD-256887]: Re: [idvusers] 20100507: IDV 2.9 available for download

> On 5/27/2010 10:59 AM, Yuan Ho wrote:
> > Hi All-
> >
> > IDV 2.9 is available for download at:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/
> >
> > New features since the 2.8u1 release include:
> >
> > System Changes
> >   New Java Version
> >   New netCDF-Java version
> > Display Changes
> >   Smoothing of grids
> > Data Changes
> >   New grid diagnostics
> >   Grib indexing
> >
> > For further information, see the release notes at:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/ReleaseNotes.html
> >
> > Please report any problems to address@hidden
> >
> > The IDV Development Team (Yuan and Don)

> Im getting the following error on my windows 7 64-bit machine. I think I
> had a problem last time, in which I had to upgrade a graphics driver:
>
> c:\Program Files\IDV_2.9>runIDV.bat
>
> c:\Program Files\IDV_2.9>jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Didv.enableStereo=false
> -jar idv.jar
> Java 3D ERROR : wglGetExtensionsStringARB not support !
> - The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> Fallback to use standard ChoosePixelFormat.
> Java 3D ERROR : wglGetExtensionsStringARB not support !
> - The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> Fallback to use standard ChoosePixelFormat.
> Java 3D ERROR : OpenGL 1.2 or better is required (GL_VERSION=1.1)
> javax.media.j3d.IllegalRenderingStateException: GL_VERSION
> at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.createQueryContext(Native Method)
> at
> javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.createQueryContext(NativePipeline.java:2794)
> at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createQueryContext(Canvas3D.java:4925)
> at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createQueryContext(Canvas3D.java:3678)
> at javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(Renderer.java:479)
> at javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run(J3dThread.java:275)

john,

     I Google this Java 3D error message, and the solution is to upgrade the
driver, it says:

 Your card's drivers are either old or, even worse, are the drivers that come
with Windows, because those support OpenGL only via Microsoft's 1.1 software
implementation which is close to not support it at all.

Can you give it another try?

Yuan

> This version of Java3D can't query "textureWidthMax/textureHeightMax"
> so they are being assigned the default values:
> textureWidthMax:  1024
> textureHeightMax:  1024DefaultRenderingErrorListener.errorOccurred:
>
> If images render as a 'grey-box', try setting these parameters
> to a lower value, eg. 512, with '-DtextureWidthMax=512'
> Otherwise check your graphics environment
> specificationsCONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating
> Canvas3D graphics context for queryProperties()
>
> graphicsDevice = D3DGraphicsDevice[screen=0]
> canvas = javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D[canvas0,0,0,0x0,invalid]
>
> c:\Program Files\IDV_2.9>REM Use the line below instead if you want to
> use the D3D version of Java 3D
>
> c:\Program Files\IDV_2.9>REM jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Dj3d.rend=d3d -jar
> idv.jar

Ticket ID: DOD-256887
Department: Support IDV