[IDV #MFI-608051]: unable to plot data

> Hi Yuan,
> By expanding the range to -500 to 500, I can see the temperature data.
> The values are something like -270. This is obviously wrong, and somehow
> related to confusing degrees Celsius as Kelvins.
>
> How do I fix this?

Alan,
   It could be your parameter default setting locally not consistent with the
range of
the data you were trying here. You can alway change the display unit of the
display
variable, but I don't think this is the issue here. How about sending me a
bundle so
I can duplicate your problem.

Yuan

> thanks,
> alan
>
> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> >> Hi Yuan,
> >> That's very odd. My data file is the same size.
> >> I downloaded a new one, just in case, and it still doesn't plot.
> >> I'm using version 2.9. I also tried version 2.7u1, with no luck.
> >> Any other ideas?
> >>

> > Alan,
> >       You need to check the levels of the contour, and change the contour
> > properties. In the Dashboard > Displays, you can change the contour
> > properties, make appropriate changes, it should display.
> >

> > Yuan
> >
> >> Here's what I did:
> >> Data Chooser: select the file, speicify Grid files as a source type.
> >> click Add Source.
> >> Field Selector: select Air_Temperature@isobaric, Contour plan view, used
> >> all defaults for Times, level, etc. Click Create Display.
> >> Then the data is read/processed VERY quickly (maybe 1 or 2 seconds). The
> >> display is blank other than the background map. The Legend on the right
> >> has the Air Temperature listing. The times are properly listed in the
> >> animation controls. The heights are properly listed in the display
> >> controls.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?

> >> --
> >> Alan Bol
> >> Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> >> The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> >> 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: MFI-608051
> > Department: Support IDV
> >

> --
> Alan Bol
> Project Lead | Scientist | Instructional Designer
> The COMET Program | www.comet.ucar.edu
> 303.497.8334 voice | 8491 fax

Ticket ID: MFI-608051
Department: Support IDV