[IDV #VVK-969556]: IDV Unkown vertical coordinate

> Dear Yuan,
>
> I uploaded the sample file :
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Unidata/Software/IDV/Support+Uploads?entryid=e850985a-8a2c-44e3-8a05-e547cfb963a1
> Entry ID: 118f9ace-dd34-476d-ad8c-e1dcbb069dac
> Entry Title: new ncIDV
>
> Best regards
>
> Stefan Peters

Hi Stefan,
     The dataset needs to follow the CF convention:
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.4/cf-conventions.html#dimensionless-v-coord

The standard_name and the formula in your file does not look right. The
following is a example:

 double lev(lev=26);
     :long_name = "hybrid level at midpoints (1000*(A+B))";
     :units = "";
     :positive = "down";
     :_CoordinateAxisType = "GeoZ";
     :_CoordinateZisPositive = "down;

     :standard_name = "atmosphere_hybrid_sigma_pressure_coordinate";
     :formula_terms = "a: hyam b: hybm p0: P0 ps: PS";
     :_CoordinateTransformType = "Vertical";
     :_CoordinateAxes = "lev";

Hope this can help.

Yuan

> Technische Universität München
> Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Peters
> Fakultät für Bauingenieur- und Vermessungswesen
> Lehrstuhl für Kartographie, Raum 1771
> Arcisstraße 21
> 80333 München
> Tel: +49.89.289.23959