[IDV #PNW-510251]: NOAA Profiler Plots

> Yuan,
> I've uploaded 3 files each for the CAP and NPN datasets. All files are for
> March 10, 2010. CAP's times range from 0430, 0500, and 0530 UTC while NPN's
> are 0400, 0500, 0600 UTC. These files contain the entire network of
> profilers. MADIS documentation can be found at
> http://madis.noaa.gov/madis_api_doc.html. This pertains to the script they
> provide to FTP and parse the data files, but it might help with ingesting the
> files into the IDV.

Laura,

You should be able to download and install the latest the nightly build, and
run the IDV on CAP data, select the data source type as "CDM netCDF profiler
files", you can select one or multiple files, at this moment, only very basic
display available, don't have any other feature you talked about here. Somehow,
the NPN data is different from our IDD stream and not working yet, maybe
another kind of profiler data.

> Will IDV be able to read each profiler in individually? Also, MADIS runs QC
> on the data they receive through CAP and NPN. Will there be a way to select
> the QC level of the data we want to plot in the IDV?

Can you give me a detail explanation of using QC level?

> There are other parameters such as virtual temperature from Radio Acoustic
> Sounding Systems (RASS) that might be of interest to IDV users and could be
> added in the future. These parameters can be found here:
> http://madis.noaa.gov/doc/map_variable_list.txt.

These not available currently, but will consider to add in future.

Ticket ID: PNW-510251
Department: Support IDV