[IDV #TQT-624816]: Problem Loading WMS

> Full Name: Ellyn Montgomery
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.8u1\jre version: 1.6.0_17
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi-
>
> In IDV2.8u1, I get the error below when I try to open this URL:
> http://coastalmap.marine.usgs.gov/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?service=wms&ServiceName=Atlse_shoreline_change&request=GetCapabilities&;

Hi Ellyn,
       I tried this WMS url in my home machine, that only has the IDV2.9
installed, and it is working fine. I think it should be working in the 2.8u1
release too. You need to  use the Catalogs tab and enter the url. The WMS url
can not use the URLs tab to load the data.

Yuan

> There was an error loading the data:
> No constructor found for class:ucar.unidata.data.gis.WmsDataSource data:class
> java.lang.String
>
> If I openthe same URL in a browser and save the result as .xml, then open the
> saved file, tje expected layers are shown.  Please let me know what I did
> wrong with my query.
>
> Thanks! Ellyn
>
> ******************
> Stack trace:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No constructor found for
> class:ucar.unidata.data.gis.WmsDataSource data:class java.lang.String
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1542)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1992)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1909)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1843)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1685)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.DefaultIdv.handleAction(DefaultIdv.java:110)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.handleAction(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1617)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURLInner(UrlChooser.java:267)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.loadURL(UrlChooser.java:239)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.UrlChooser.doLoadInThread(UrlChooser.java:286)

Ticket ID: TQT-624816
Department: Support IDV