[IDV #EZH-812048]: csv file parameters

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the index header on my csv file so that I don't have to set the
> fields in the Text Point Metadata Gui and instead, have IDV display the data
> automatically. But even if I didn't do that and used the metadata gui, I
> still need to know what parameter matches with what field from the point
> data. For example, for a lightning flash data, there are two fields called
> strength and number of strokes. What would be the parameter name and unit
> that I should use when setting them in the metadata gui? What about cloud
> coverage field from a Metar point data?
> So basically what I need is a list of all the parameters for point data that
> IDV recognizes and a brief description of what they are so I know which field
> they match to. Hopefully this is a better description of my problem. Thanks
> again, I appreciate your help.

Hi Sung Jin,
       If I understand your question correctly this time, what you want is to
add these parameters to the Alias table of the IDV. If so, you can use the
editor: Tools > Parameters Alias Editor, to add them to the User aliases table.
This can do the match you are expecting.
Let me know if you need more help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: EZH-812048
Department: Support IDV