[IDV #LAG-627777]: Data are plotted to wrong locations

> Dear IDV developer,
>
> I am using IDV 2.9u1 to plot some netcdf data. Originally the data is in
> netcdf format. When I plotted it using IDV, the location of the data is
> correct as seen in "Original_field.jpg". I then converted it into other
> data format and did some data modification. After that I converted it
> back to netcdf format. Unfortunately, IDV plotted the new netcdf data
> onto different locations. More specifically, it changed the north-south
> direction as seen in "After_conversion.jpg". Please noted that the data
> was modified. Therefore, the values are not the same but the location
> should be the same.
>
> I also attached the "after conversion" netcdf file in this email. I
> checked the data using "ncdump". It looks fine. Could you please check
> why IDV could not plot it correctly?
>
> Thank you in advance for your kindly help,
>
> Junhua

Hi Junhua,

       The minor change in the map position might be caused by the lose
precision in your conversion process, I am not sure how you control the
precision in the new file, if it is a jave program, change the variable type to
double instead of float may help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LAG-627777
Department: Support IDV