[IDV #RWR-960330]: Satellite & RUC Time Matching

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to time match satellite data and the past few hours of RUC data.
> I'm able to do this manually but when I save it in a bundle, I don't see any
> way to not have the RUC times hard wired to bring up the same old file every
> time the bundle is loaded.

Hi,
   The attached bundle is using the "Best Time Series" of RUC, and I checked it
did reload the data.

> For example, I load the past 23 images of satellite data and then go back to
> the data chooser and select the most recent RUC file that begins when the
> satellite loop begins (usually about 6 or 7 hours in the past). So if its
> 18Z I will grab the 12Z RUC file and load what I want. When I save in a
> bundle and view at some later time, it goes back to the old data.

In our TDS catalog, the model datasets don't have the relative time selection
feature. So selecting the dataset at the specific time will not change.
> Attached is an example of a bundle that somebody else wrote that does
> exactly what I want to do. I've been trying to figure out how this person
> has everything set up but can't. I want to do the same for the eastern US.

The bundle from somebody is using the "Best Time Series". You can type in
"http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/models.xml"; in the Catalogs entry
and do the selection.

> Basically I want to have the bundle always load the RUC file that is "most
> recent hour - n" where n is the duration (in hours) of the satellite loop
> that I want to overlay the data on.

Let me know if you need more help.

Yuan

> Thanks for any help!