[IDV #RSP-964953]: IDV can't create graphics configuration

> Full Name: Todd Ellis
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9u2 and 1
> Operating System: RedHat Enterprise Linux (latest)
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: On startup with a fresh install of IDV, I can't get
> IDV to start up without throwing an error that it could not create a graphics
> configuration file.  This was also happening with a month old distribution of
> 2.9u1.  Can you tell me where it's trying to write those files so I can make
> sure permissions are set correctly?

Hi Todd,
GLX version 1.3 or higher is required, there is a known ATI driver bug in
glXQueryVersion that incorrectly reports the GLX version as 1.2 when it really
is 1.3, so Java 3D will attempt to
run anyway.

First, check for the most updated video card driver. If the problem still
remains, the 32bit Linux installer comes with an option to install Java3D 1.3.
Rerun the installer and select to install Java3D 1.3.

Yuan

Ticket ID: RSP-964953
Department: Support IDV