[IDV #BYM-395795]: two things: animating times in two files and getting thredds server set up right

> Dan Tyndall here is now generating some great products of interest
> here and I suspect elsewhere too. These are 5 km surface analyses for
> CONUS and include comparisons to RUC and RTMA. There is a netcdf file
> for each hour.
>
> Question 1: when I import the hourly netcdf files into IDV, I haven't
> figured out how to animate (create a loop) across the multiple files.
> Is there a way to do that? The files will be described below.

Hi John,
      The trick to create the animate is to use the "Aggregate Grids by time"
in the Data Source Type.

> Question 2: I don't think we have our thredds server set up correctly,
> as I can't grab the files that way (and then I think the time issue
> and animation would go away).

I think the thredds server is right.

> We have our thredds server set up by days and then products and in
> this case, the relevant files are in:
> http://wx3.chpc.utah.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/filtereddatasets2/20101026/uu2dvar/catalog.html

when you enter the url in the catalogs chooser, use catalog.xml instead of
.html. After that, you can select multiple files under uu2dvar, and with the
data source type selected as "Aggregate Grids by Time". I tried it in my local
machine and it worked.

Yuan

Ticket ID: BYM-395795
Department: Support IDV