[IDV #TER-588579]: feet meters altitude flight track KML

> Hi Julien,
> Yes, I can convert my KML files into the correct units before reading
> into the IDV.
> --Dave

Hi Dave,
      I am in China now and will be back next week. The bug is in the drawing
control, the default unit for the vertical coordinate is meter, and no api to
modify or checking the unit. The IDV can read in your kml file and displaying
it as a drawing control line, I think for the short term it would be nice to
convert your kml file to meter before reading into the IDV, it will be in our
todo list to make IDV more flexible on the input data unit.

Yuan

> > Hi David,
> >
> > I am able to confirm your problem.
> >
> > IDV support for KML/KMZ files is somewhat inconsistent.
> >
> > For the time being, would it be possible to convert your KML files into the
> > correct units before reading into the IDV?
> >
> > -Julien
> >

> >> Full Name: David ahijevych
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.9u2 - build Nov. 4
> >> Operating System: linux
> >> Hardware: 32-bit
> >> Description of problem: I hate to have 2 pending questions, but here's
> >> another one.
> >> When I open the attached KML file (from the PREDICT field catalog--it is
> >> flight track info from the NCAR GV aircraft), IDV assumes the altitude is
> >> in meters, when it is really in feet. Viewing the KML in a text editor, I
> >> see that the units are clearly labeled "feet", but perhaps the KML format
> >> is wrong in some other way. It was created in EOL.
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: TER-588579
> > Department: Support IDV

Ticket ID: TER-588579