[IDV #YPU-415017]: IDV v2.9u2 (Mac OS X): Bug in Data Choosers subwindow resizing?

Hi Dave.

Many thanks for your generous insights and we certainly hope you will continue
operating in the mode you describe below. The IDV & Unidata team greatly
appreciate the discovery and reporting of these problems by our user community
(i.e. crowd-sourcing bug discovery.)

We will put these problems on the todo list and address them as quickly as
possible given limited time and resources.

Thanks again for your conscientious efforts!

-Julien

> On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:41 PM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> > It looks like you have discovered a UI bug. I confirm what you see.
> >
> > As the old proverb goes: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this…" To which the
> > doctor responds "Then don't do that."
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Is this a show stopper or are you still able to get your work done?
>
> Julien,
>
> It's not a show stopper, especially now that I've figured out how to get
> around it (by maximizing the window size). (I encountered a similar problem
> in another context in the IDV a couple of years ago (in the vertical sounding
> display application), which now makes me wonder how many other places we
> might find this particular bug.)
>
> I'm still operating in the mode I was in for many years, first as a member of
> the MetApps Task Force (which advised Don and the other early IDV developers
> about what the IDV should be able to do and what the interface might be
> improved), and more recently as a member of the IDV Steering Committee, in
> which I try conscientiously to report bugs, difficulties, and suggestions to
> the developers, with the idea of helping to improve the IDV for myself and
> the larger community.
>
> Of course, ultimately you get to decide on what you spend your time on,
> though! :-)
>
> -- Dave

> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                        |       ^   ___       \|/     *
> *   Dept. of Geosciences                    |  ) ^     /||_||\    --0--  *
> *   San Francisco State University   | )  )    /  ||_||  \    /|\     *
> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                      |  )  )  /   ||_||    \          *
> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          |  )  ) /    ||_||      \   ^   *
> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716               |  )  )  )~||~||~~~~ \~~*
> *   FAX:      (415) 338-7705               | )  )  )  ) ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~*
> *   Email:   address@hidden        |  )  )   )  ) ) ~  ~   ~ ~ *

Ticket ID: YPU-415017
Department: Support IDV