[IDV #OOZ-212967]: Load multiple files 'Aggregate Grids by Time' using ISL

> Hi,
>
> I have multiple netCDF files that each correspond to a given hour.  I
> was able to load multiple files into IDV by CTRL clicking on them and
> then selecting 'Aggregate Grids by Time.'  This allowed me to step
> through the files in an animation to see the change over time.  Is it
> possible to automate the loading of multiple files and specify the data
> source type to be 'Aggregate Grids by Time' in ISL?  I noticed that
> 'fileset' processes one file at a time, but I want to load all of them
> at once as one data source.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

Hi George,
      If I understand your question correctly, you need to use the ncml to
aggregate multiple files and then load them into the IDV trough isl script, if
so, the data source type should be "Grid files". This is actually what the IDV
does for you when you select multiple files with data source type as "Aggregate
....". The detail information about the ncml is here:

"http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/";

Yuan

Ticket ID: OOZ-212967
Department: Support IDV