[IDV #WFY-868314]: contour labels

> Thank youu, Julien. You and your team are doing a great job with IDV. The
> minor improvements to the contour labels would be most appreciated.

Thanks. The problem is that the issue is rather deep rooted so I think it will
take some time to resolve. But I know a lot of people have similar concerns and
momentum is building is fix this.

> One other question, if I may...
>
> Does the Barnes Analysis support multi-threading/multi-cores? When I am
> performing a Barnes Analysis, only one of my processors seems active.

Another deep rooted issue. I think the IDV has some parallelization support,
but probably not in this case. Again, the problem with parallelizing (part of)
an application is that often it has to be rebuilt from the ground up.

> Cheers,
> Joseph
>
> > To: address@hidden
> > Subject: [IDV #WFY-868314]: contour labels
> > Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:18:46 -0700
> > CC: address@hidden
> > From: address@hidden
> >
> > Hi Joseph.
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions.
> >
> > Improvements in the contour labeling is currently in the planning stages.
> > It is also tricky to accomplish because it depends on improvements in the
> > underlying VisAD library.
> >
> > -Julien
> >

> > > Full Name: Joseph Spain
> > > Email Address: address@hidden
> > > Package Version: 2.9u2
> > > Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit
> > > Hardware: HP PC
> > > Description of problem: Back in April, Yuan wrote:
> > >
> > > "We will put the contour labels editing in our to do list."
> > >
> > > If I may make a suggestion:
> > >
> > > There are a few desirable contour label editing options, which would be
> > > user-defined for each parameter:
> > >
> > > - Font type
> > > - Font color
> > > - Font size
> > > - Font outline (color, thickness, and off/on)
> > > - Font shadowing (color, opacity, and off/on)
> > > - Label intervals or label population density
> > >
> > > Here is one possible example.
> > >
> > > http://i.imgur.com/FOprz.jpg
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >

> > Ticket Details