[IDV #VUJ-932357]: unusual line appearing in nexrad display

> > Full Name: Jason Warren
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 2.9u3 build date:2011-01-14 00:05 UTC
> > Operating System: Windows 7
> > Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u3\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> > j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> > Description of problem:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am viewing KCLE nexrad data using circular aperture, factor 6.  From the
> > radar site, due north there is a strange line that appears.  This happens
> > with all radar site, not juts KCLE.  Is there any way to fix this issue?
> >
> > Please let me know if you need additional information.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Hi Jason,
> The story behinds this strange line is the additional line introduced in
> rendering the radar sweep. In most situations, this additional is necessary
> because we don't want to see a gap, but this may be the cause of what is
> happening here, I will take a look when I back to office next week.
>

> Yuan

Hi Jason,
       As I checked the radar station KCLE this morning, the problem described
in your report doesn't persist any more. I believe that the additional line is
the cause and I don't have a better solution at this moment. As the radar
dataset move to the dual pole in a few months, I would like to see the more
standardized dataset being distributed and you will not see the problem any
more.

Yuan

Ticket ID: VUJ-932357
Department: Support IDV