[IDV #SJX-419157]: Problems with satellite imagery bundle

> Yuan:
>
> Thanks for looking into this.  The vis seems to work, but not the
> IR and WV.  Note that I plot the brightness temperature, rather than the
> raw data for the IR and WV, so perhaps this plays a roll.
Hi Jim,

The problem of not displaying the IR and WV is that the range of the data is
set to default, not the actually data range, this does not have anything to do
with the server bug fixed. If you open the bundle and the make this data range
change, and re save the bundle, it should work as expected.

Yuan

> I do really want to do some ensemble stuff with IDV, but may not
> have time to get to it for a bit.  It is the "high" season here for me
> as department chair.  My last year in that role thank goodness!
>
> Jim
>

> On 3/14/11 10:30 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> >> Full Name: Jim Steenburgh
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 2.9 build date:2010-05-27 15:48 UTC
> >> Operating System: Mac OS X
> >> Hardware: Java: home:
> >> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> >> 1.6.0_22 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: Hi:
> >>
> >> I've been using the bundle available at
> >> http://weather.utah.edu/synoptic/idv/Site_Config/bundles/WX-Disco/Utah_Regional_Overview.xidv
> >>  for over a year now, but recently the IR and WV imagery included in it
> >> stopped displaying properly.  Has there been a change to these datasets?
> >>
> > Hi Jim,
> >        There are some changes in the ADDE server to fix the problem of
> > memory allocation bug. I believe this has something to do with the problem
> > you ran into, I need to search the source code to find out the reason of
> > not displaying the IR and WV imagery in the IDV. If you run the IDV to
> > display the same dataset without using the bundle, it works ok. This may be
> > a quick fix for you, but I will keep working on it.
> >
> >        By the way, I added some ensemble UIs in the IDV. If you install the
> > nightly build, you can play the ensemble dataset in the IDV. I also added
> > some ensemble formulas under the Formule>  Grid>  Ensemble Grid, and you
> > can try it too.  Let me know you feeling of these ensemble UIs.
> >

> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: SJX-419157
> > Department: Support IDV