[IDV #UXI-763864]: Unable to load certain Level III products into IDV.

> Full Name: Eddie Dixon
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u3\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I am working on a project for my radar meteorology
> class that involves analysis of Level III radar products.  I have four
> products I am attempting to load: SRM, TVS, MDA, and DMDA data.  IDV accepts
> the SRM data and loads it just fine, however it balks at loading MDA, DMDA,
> and TVS data.  Is there a way to get these products to load into IDV? I am
> performing a case study on the Late May 2008 tornado outbreak across Iowa,
> Nebraska, and Kansas.
>
> I downloaded all radar data from NCDC, and have attached a sample TVS data
> file from KDMX.
>

> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:file.radar with: \\jupiter\erdixon\RADAR MET\KDMX
> 25-26 MAY\KDMX_SDUS33_NMDDMX_200805252334
> null
> error reading pcode, unable to handle the product with code 631

Hi Eddie,
        The three level3 products are not supported in the IDV, actually, not
supported in the CDM which is the library the IDV uses to load the data. I can
put them in our TODO list. But with the limit resources here, I can not promise
you anything at this moment.

Yuan

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> visad.VisADException: error reading pcode, unable to handle the product with
> code 631
> at ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarAdapter.init(CDMRadarAdapter.java:496)
> at ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarAdapter.<init>(CDMRadarAdapter.java:211)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarDataSource.makeRadarAdapter(CDMRadarDataSource.java:585)
> at ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource$1.run(RadarDataSource.java:293)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:273)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:245)
> at visad.util.ThreadManager.runInParallel(ThreadManager.java:212)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource.makeAdapters(RadarDataSource.java:315)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource.getAdapters(RadarDataSource.java:247)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.RadarDataSource.getRadarAdapters(RadarDataSource.java:541)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.radar.CDMRadarDataSource.doMakeDataChoices(CDMRadarDataSource.java:314)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataSourceImpl.getDataChoices(DataSourceImpl.java:1844)
> at ucar.unidata.data.DataManager.createDataSource(DataManager.java:1561)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.createDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1998)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1915)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1849)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.IntegratedDataViewer.makeDataSource(IntegratedDataViewer.java:1822)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.IdvChooser.makeDataSource(IdvChooser.java:943)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFilesInner(FileChooser.java:656)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.selectFiles(FileChooser.java:525)
> at ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.FileChooser.doLoadInThread(FileChooser.java:547)

Ticket ID: UXI-763864
Department: Support IDV