[IDV #FDK-698636]: IDV v. Panoply OPeNDAP access

Hi Chris,

> Case #2 would be more useful for us to get fixed--we had a user asking us how
> to read the Merged IR through IDV.
>
> Anything you can do?

I looked at the merged IR. The problem is there are 1,000,000 times in the
data. It takes a long time just reading the time coordinate data. Then, we
blindly add all of the times to a Java List widget. Just reading the metadata
and doing gui things takes ~800 MB of memory.

How does panoply handle this? Does it try to read all of the times and show
them to the user?

I'm not sure what the IDV should do in this case. Perhaps they need to
disaggregate the data into more usable chunks.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: FDK-698636
Department: Support IDV