[IDV #BXF-835860]: scale bars / lat-long boxes in IDV

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for creating IDV, it is a really helpful tool.  I only have a
> couple small problems I've come across, mostly cosmetic.  I'm hoping
> you can help.
>
> When saving images for figures, I cannot find a way to include a map
> scale bar (distance in km), directional arrows (N, S, E, W) or a
> bounding box around the view that has the latitude and longitude in
> regular intervals marked and labeled.  Journals are insisting on these
> details and I don't want to have to move everything over to ArcGIS to
> add them, if I could do it easily in IDV.  Either I cannot find how to
> include this in the view, or maybe IDV doesn't have it yet.
>
> Any ideas?  thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Colin

Hi Colin,
   Thanks for your feedback of the IDV.
   I don't think we can do the map scale bar at this moment. It is probably
something the IDV can get from the WMS if the background is from the WMS too.
But the current release, the default background is built in. I will need to do
some more research on this.

   The lat/lon marked and labeled on the bounding box can be done with the ISL
script, we have a document available in the User guide.

"http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/ImagesAndMovies.html";

and search for the "Add lat/lon labels to an image".

> Colin Beier, Ph.D.
> Research Ecologist
> Adirondack Ecological Center & Huntington Wildlife Forest
> Department of Forest & Natural Resources Management
> SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
> http://www.esf.edu/aec/beier/beier_lab/MAIN.html
> voice: 518.582.4551 x106
> fax: 518.582.2181

Ticket ID: BXF-835860