[IDV #WGK-260322]: WRF cross-sections: showing terrain and freezing level

> Hi Yuan,
> Great, thank you so much -- I knew I had seen a way to do that before
> but had completely forgotten about the data transect display.
> I have followed your instructions and now have my hydrometeor field
> plotted with terrain.
>
> One last addition that I need to make but am stuck on -- and this may be
> a more general question about how to go from WRF output fields (like
> perturbation pot temp) to temperature.
> I would like to plot the 0-deg-isotherm on the cross-section, i.e., the
> freezing level height.

I would suggest to do the contour cross section  in the transect view first,
and then in the Dashboard window, under Displays control, you can easily modify
the contour, to only display certain value contour by setting the base contour
to this value, and the contour interval to 0 or very big number. Give it a try
and let me know if it doesn't work.

Yuan

Ticket ID: WGK-260322
Department: Support IDV