[IDV #XQY-387958]: Displaying lightning data from Vaisala

> Yuan,
>
> Here's what David said:

Hi Jerry,

       So I talked to Tom Yaksas, and know a little more background of the NLDN
and SUNY. It is very confusing when we talk about NLDN format. I was wrong to
think about this data formated in the Vaisalla. The IDV workable NLDN data is
generated in the SUNY and its format is documented here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning/nldn.html. Since you want to use the
IDV to visualize the lightning data, it would be better to keep it the same as
the NLDN format from SUNNY.

Sorry about all the confusing I created.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XQY-387958
Department: Support IDV