[IDV #RFD-281879]: Point Data Plotting Wind Barbs

Hi Michelle,

> Error generating symbol: SPEED Attempt to convert from unit "cd.m-2" to unit
> "m.s-1"
>
> I am trying to plot the attached point data file... showing wind barbs with
> speed in mph and direction. I can not set the units to miles/hour under the
> Layout Model Editor... it gives me the above error, when I click Apply. I
> have the "Map Value of" set to SPEED from the data set. Not sure what I am
> doing wrong?

The unit you have in the data is "mph" which is actually the SI unit
for milliphotons. So the cd.m-2 is mph turned into candelas.

Now, normally when dealing with units the IDV converts common units (like mph)
into the actual SI unit (like mph->mi/h). But, for the point data it looks
this isn't being done.

A simple solution on your end is to change the unit="mph" to unit="mi/h"

-Jeff

Ticket ID: RFD-281879
Department: Support IDV