[IDV #YIR-184551]: IDV 3.0 will not start

Donna,

We are sorry you are running into problems. If possible, we would like more
information. Can you tell us the memory capacity of this Windows XP machine?
How much RAM do you have?

Also, if possible please go to the directory where the IDV was installed. Then
from the prompt run:

jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar

What happens?

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Donna Tucker
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Just downloaded IDV 3.0 to this computer.  It will
> not start.  The initial window with the script opens briefly (too briefly for
> me to see any error message) and then closes.  I am able to start simpleIDV.
> I have no problems with IDV 2.9

Ticket ID: YIR-184551
Department: Support IDV