[IDV #YIR-184551]: IDV 3.0 will not start

Donna,

Thanks for trying that.

To hopefully resolve this issue completely, please start the IDV again with the

jre\bin\java -Xmx512m -Didv.enableStereo=false -jar idv.jar

Then under Edit Menu --> Preferences --> System Tab in the Memory section enter
1200 megabytes. Remember to press OK/Apply.

For our own diagnostics, please tell us what numbers you see in the first line.
It should say something like

"Use x% of available memory (y/z megabytes)" What are x y and z?

Now exit the IDV and restart the IDV the way you usually would with the icon.

These steps should hopefully resolve your issues.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> I have 2 GB of RAM.
> The command you gave me will start IDV.
>

> Donna Tucker                                          address@hidden
>
> Associate Professor                                  1475 Jayhawk Blvd.
>
> Atmospheric Science Program                   Lawrence, KS 66045-7613
>
> Department of Geography                          (785) 864-4738
>
> University of Kansas                                  (785) 864-5378 (fax)

Ticket ID: YIR-184551
Department: Support IDV