[IDV #RVK-621478]: McIDAS-V inquiry #1048 updated

Dear Becky,

This thread is getting rather long, so just for clarification, as far as I can
tell, wind barbs are plotted consistently between the plan view and the time
series plots. Let me know if you see otherwise.

On the issue of low-speed winds, wind barbs have been plotted in the IDV plan
view in this fashion for ~10 years. Therefore, I am reluctant to make any
changes without very good reason. I believe the IDV wind barbs are consistent
with other meteorological visualization packages.

Best Regards,
Unidata IDV Support

> Hello again!
>
> Here's one more that I sent a few weeks ago, but haven't seen a
> response.  Julien did some initial work to get the layer controls
> and main display plotting the same, but our testers have found that
> the WMO standard is to plot winds less than 3 kt as a barb with no
> flags rather than a circle.   Have you had a chance to look into it
> again?
>
> Thanks!
> Becky
>
> On 9/7/2011 2:06 PM, McIDAS Help Desk wrote:
>

> Can you update us on the status of this ticket?   It's more of a
> standard for winds less than 3kts to be plotted as a barb with no
> flags, but now it's plotted as a circle.  Can you switch it so
> that both the layer controls and main display plot these as a barb
> with no flags?

Ticket ID: RVK-621478
Department: Support IDV