[IDV #BCO-142388]: Getting an error that I don't understand

> Full Name: Jerry Blechman
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_2.9u3\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I was trying to load a zidv file and it seemed to
> load the data with no problem, but I get no maps in the map view.  The DOS
> window has many many lines saying "[Java 3D] Warning: Fail to lock Vertex
> Buffer - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR"

Jerry,

This is a D3D error, possibly in your video driver. Please update your video
driver. If possible, unistall the old vdriver , and install a fresh new one.
> I've tried rebooting my PC (running Windows XP), uninstalling the IDV,
> reinstalling the IDV, and trying to set up a simple xidv file.  Nothing
> works.  The attached Current State is the last try.  With the 18Z GFS data
> loaded, I tried to draw a simple sea-level pressure chart and got a blank Map
> View, as before.  If it can't do that, it can't do anything.
>
> I didn't see anything like this in the Users Guide.  Can you help me?
>
> Also, several weeks ago I sent in a form about the data probe not seeing
> reflectivity.  Did you get that?  If not, I'll try to send it again, after
> this Vertex Buffer error is solved (can't do it now since I can't replicate
> the problem due to this new error).

I didn't see it, you need to submit a new support ticket.

Yuan
> Jerry

Ticket ID: BCO-142388
Department: Support IDV