[IDV #QAF-354730]: IDV won't plot wind shear vectors

Dear Alan,

We are able to plot your data without any problems. We strongly suspect you are
specifying the top and bottom pressure levels incorrectly. Note that your data
are in Pascals, so when you are prompted for the pressure level values from the
formula make sure you supply the data in the appropriate units.

Best Regards,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Alan Bol
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I've just about given up on IDV.
> I'm trying to plot winds and wind shear. I've encountered problem after
> problem after problem.
> In the attached bundle the wind shear vectors simply don't appear.
> I'm looking for an alternative to IDV. I've simply wasted too many hours
> trying to do simple things.

Ticket ID: QAF-354730
Department: Support IDV