[IDV #BXS-947600]: Transparency not correct

Rebonjour Patrick,

We are able to reproduce what you see. As far as we can tell, this an artifact
of the transparency, and not necessarily a problem. In particular, in some
areas, the isosurface is illuminated from underneath. These isosurfaces are
"free-floating" like clouds, and you can see the underside of the isosurface.
If you rotate your view, you can see that these isosurfaces are "detached" from
the globe.

cordialement,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Patrick Brockmann
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /opt/IDV_3.0u1/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2 fcs
> (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> I get problem when I set some transparency level to an isosurface.
> The isosurface appears with stripes rather than as a nice isosurface
> with transparency.
>
> I use a linux workstation but I have also notice this problem on a mac.
>
> Let me know if this can be reproduce on your side and if I can expect
> an improvement.
>
> Regards and happy new year 2012.
>
> Patrick

Ticket ID: BXS-947600