[Staging #LMS-496434]: Re: Need help for Point Flow Vector Data

> >> I think cross-section is not an issue. The issue is here:

The difference between flowvector and flowvecotr3d is vertical velocity. The
flowector3d is for the dataset with u,v, and w. So, if we change the to
flowvector3d for the vertical profile, we will lost many derived variable for
those dataset only have u and v.

The naming is a little confusing, sorry about it.

Yuan

> > In general, I would agree your suggestion here. I will double check with
> > other developers next week to make sure.
> >

> > Yuan
> Did you get chance to check this?
>
> regards
> Ghansham