[IDV #JQG-115851]: Transparency with isosurface

Bonjour Patrick,

This is very similar to a question you asked earlier for which we already sent
you a reply. I wonder if your spam filter is capturing our replies. I will
simply copy and paste our earlier reply.

We are able to reproduce what you see. As far as we can tell, this an artifact
of the transparency, and not necessarily a problem. In particular, in some
areas, the isosurface is illuminated from underneath. These isosurfaces are
"free-floating" like clouds, and you can see the underside of the isosurface.
If you rotate your view, you can see that these isosurfaces are "detached" from
the globe.

cordialement,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed a problem of transparency when I set a transparency level
> applied to an isosurface.
>
> I have tested the bundle on different platforms (windows, linux) each
> time using the last IDV release 3.0u1 and the problem always appears.
>
> Attached an image showing the problem: some stripes with opaque red are
> dispayed rather than a nice transparency.
>
> Let me know if someone can confirm this and if there is a solution.
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
> Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer
> ICMC - IPSL Climate Modelling Centre
> --
>

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed a problem of transparency when I set a transparency level
> applied to an isosurface.
>
> I have tested the bundle on different platforms (windows, linux) each
> time using the last IDV release 3.0u1 and the problem always appears.
>
> Attached an image showing the problem: some stripes with opaque red are
> dispayed rather than a nice transparency.
>
> Let me know if someone can confirm this and if there is a solution.
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
> Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer
> ICMC - IPSL Climate Modelling Centre
> --

Ticket ID: JQG-115851
Department: Support IDV