[IDV #LWP-329096]: Using ascii file for sounding

> Full Name: Stephanie Froidurot
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have ascii files of some soundings that I would like to display on a
> skew-T plot.  I understood that IDV cannot read such ascii files except
> if my data were in a CMA format.
>
> I could not find anywhere a description of these CMA files. So, my
> question is:
>
> - what do these files look like ?
>
> - would I be able to adjust my data to correspond to this file format ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

CMA is the Chinese Meterological Administration. Here is a rough translation:

Year, Month, Day, Hour, NumObs
   st_num lat(deg) lon(deg) alt(m)
   pr(hPa) hh(m) temp(degC) td(degC) wind_d(deg) wind_s(m/s)

missing value is 99999.90

I've attached a sample CMA file.

We do support the ESRL netCDF format.  I'll find out more information if you
are interested.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LWP-329096
Department: Support IDV