[IDV #SDY-820774]: question?

> Unidata IDV Support
>
> I'm a researcher of Institute of Heavy Rain China Meteorological
> Administration, prepare to use IDV do further development. the purpose
> is display weather products. Want to know the possibility of the further
> development.
>
> Zhi bin Wang
> address@hidden
> 2012-03-06

Yes, you can view IDV as an application framework and it is possible to do the
further development. A few years ago, we had a project with Shanghai Typhoon
Institute, and added many features in the special version of the IDV which is
named as TC-IDV (Tropical Cyclone IDV). The TC-IDV project is a success, but it
is a bit unfortunate not being put in the operation use due to the change of
the leadership in Shanghai Typhoon Institute. Anyway, if you are interested in
further development, please email me your phone and it is more convenient to
chat over phone.

Thanks,

Yuan

Ticket ID: SDY-820774