[IDV #VAB-735004]: Windows IDV install

Greetings Mike,

One issue we've had recently is that a change in one of the libraries used in
the IDV requires users to update their video drivers to the very latest
release. It would be helpful to know what the error message is that's
associated with the IDV shutting down. One way to grab this is to open the
command line utility (Start -> run -> cmd) and use the cd command to go to the
IDV installation directory (C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u2) and run the batch file
"runIDV.bat". When the IDV shuts down, the error message should be on the
command screen.

Let's try updating to the latest driver, and if that does not work, please send
me the error message shown when running from the command line.

Cheers!

Sean

> I installed IDV for Windows using "idv_3_0u2_windows_installer.exe".
> I am running Windows XP, Service Pack 3.
>
> When I start up IDV, the Dashboard displays, then everything immediately
> closes and disappears.
>
> Have you seen this happen to anyone else?
>
> Thanks.
> Mike Carlomusto
>
> "This information is only intended for the use of the individual or entity
> named in this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents
> of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify me and delete it immediately."
>

> Michael Carlomusto
> address@hidden
> Harris Corp.
> Government Communications Systems Division (GCSD)
> Melbourne, FL
> (321) 309-7905

Ticket ID: VAB-735004
Department: Support IDV